Thyroid function tests
- The thyroid gland produces two main hormones known as thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), both of which helps in regulating metabolism
- A normal total T4 level in adults ranges from 5.0 to 12.0 μg/dL and a normal total T3 level in adults ranges from 80-220 ng/dL
- Moreover, it has been observed that women are more likely to be affected by thyroid disorders than men
- Low levels of thyroid hormones or hypothyroidism slow your metabolism and can cause symptoms like fatigue, dry skin, weight gain, and irregularity in menstrual cycles whereas high levels of thyroid or hyperthyroidism can cause increased heartbeat, anxiety, weight loss, difficulty sleeping, etc.
- Your doctor will get you tested for a thyroid function test if you are experiencing these above-mentioned symptoms and can prescribe a simple schedule of medicines to control the thyroid levels for normalcy.
Get 73% OFF
*inclusive of all the taxes, fees and subject to availability